Expedited Passport
Renewal Timelines

US passport processing delays have surged due to heightened demand and a backlog of requests as international travel regains its pre-COVID rhythm. If you're among those in a hurry, here's everything you need to know about expediting your renewal with Travisa.

How can I get my US passport fast?

Can I rush my passport renewal?

How long will it take to receive my passport?

Why choose Travisa for your expedited passport services?

FAQs about Expedited Passport Services with Travisa

Travisa: Passport expedited service when freedom to travel matters most

How can I get my US passport fast?

With Travisa, you get your passport faster and have a hassle-free experience. The end-to-end submission process eliminates the need for direct interaction with the Department of State and ensures your passport is renewed in time for your travels.

Can I rush my passport renewal?

Absolutely! While the traditional route might take weeks to months, there are options for travelers needing a quicker turnaround.

How long will it take to receive my passport?

If you request a renewal directly from the US State Department:

  • Routine: six to eight weeks
  • Expedited: two to three weeks

It's essential to note that these times are exclusive of the mailing date and durations to and from the passport office, which could add an extra one to two weeks.

Why choose Travisa for your expedited passport services?

Choosing Travisa for your expedited renewal application significantly simplifies the process. We manage all the necessary documentation, reducing the typical time when liaising directly with the US Department of State.

Travisa passport renewal timelines

With Travisa, you'll receive your passport in as little as one to five days, expedited to suit your needs.

Thanks to our reserved rush slots for renewal applications at the US Passport Office, your passport stays out of your hands for a minimal period, ensuring swift delivery without delays from the passport agency or USPS.

FAQs about Expedited Passport Services with Travisa

Do I need a US passport?

American citizens require passports to exit and enter the US and all other countries worldwide. It is your responsibility to carry the correct identification while traveling abroad.

What is the difference between a US passport card and a US passport book?

A US passport card is a cheaper alternative to the US passport book but is limited in the locations where it is accepted. The US Department of State began issuing passport cards in 2008 for US citizens who travel from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and Caribbean countries by land or sea.

While a US passport card may be useful to those planning a road trip or a cruise, you will need a valid US passport book for most international travel purposes. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel to any destination.

How long is my US passport valid?

If issued when you were 16 or older, it's valid for 10 years. If 15 or younger, it lasts for five years.

How does Travisa expedite my US passport application?

Travisa submits the necessary documentation on your behalf to the US Department of State, eliminating the need for direct communication or visitation.

Can Travisa add extra pages to my passport?

Since January 1, 2016, this isn't possible. If you run out of pages, you must renew your passport. A large passport book option is available at renewal from the US State Department for those who travel frequently.

What is a passport authorization letter?

It's a letter authorizing Travisa to represent you during the passport application process.

How long does Travisa take to process my passport?

As little as one day, based on your travel needs.

Can I get my passport quickly if my trip is soon?

We can expedite your passport if you plan to travel within two weeks. Travisa expedites passports in one to five days, depending on availability. If you need both a visa and a passport within one month, we can help. Mail-in passport renewals take seven to nine weeks. Renew, child, first-time, and lost passport expedite slots vary from four to 14 days.

When applying for a US passport renewal, will my old passport be returned to me?

The US Department of State will return your old US passport unless the Department has deemed the document damaged. The previous passport will be altered to indicate that it is invalid. Obtaining a new passport may require you to reapply for currently valid visas. You must advise whether any valid visas remain in the passport before applying for it to be renewed.

Can Travisa replace my lost or stolen US passport?

With correct documentation, Travisa can replace your lost or stolen US passport in as little as a day.

How long must my passport be valid for international travel?

Most countries require that a passport be valid for at least six months beyond the completion of a trip. If your passport expires sooner than that, you must apply to renew your passport. Please view the Visas section to determine how long a passport must be valid for each specific country of travel. If your passport is set to expire, Travisa can assist you.

How many blank passport pages do I need to meet entrance requirements, and what is considered a 'blank' passport page?

Passports must have enough blank pages to accommodate entry and exit immigration stamps for each country of travel. At least one visa page in your passport is required for each visa. Most travel visas stamped into your passport require an entire blank visa page. A 'blank' visa page must be clean and clear and not show ink or stains from any other pages in the passport.

I identify as transgender. How do I fill out my passport application?

If you identify as transgender, you can now select the gender marker you would like printed on your US passport. When applying for a US passport book and choosing routine service, you have the option to choose male (M), female (F), or another gender identity (X). This can be done in-person at a passport acceptance facility or by mail. Expedited or urgent travel service requests will allow for the selection of X as a gender marker starting in late 2023.

You are not required to match the gender you select with the gender on your supporting documents, such as birth certificates, previous passports, or state IDs. The US passport no longer requires medical documentation to change the gender marker. Depending on your travel needs, there are some additional considerations. Not all countries recognize 'X' gender identity passports at this time. For further guidance, consult the US State Department's guidance for LGBTQ+ persons traveling internationally.

Do my children require US passports?

Yes. Each individual citizen, including infants, must possess his or her passport. You are not allowed to represent other family members inside your passport. Travisa can assist you if you need to get a new Child's Passport or if you need assistance to renew a Child’s Passport.

How old must my children be to apply for a Child’s Passport?

Your child(ren) must be 15 or younger to apply for a child passport. Contact us to learn about passport requirements for children.

Can I use a photocopy of a US Department of State passport application form?

No. You can only submit original copies of the passport application forms. Instructions for downloading and printing the US Department of State passport application forms are in our Travisa Application Kits.

Can I fax my completed forms to Travisa?

No, you must submit original copies of all documents and order forms to Travisa for processing.

How long will Travisa take to process my passport?

Travisa can process your passport in as little as one day. Each passport service supports a variety of processing times to meet your specific travel needs. Visit the Passports section, select your service, and determine the best processing time for your order.

What forms of payment does Travisa accept for passport services?

Travisa accepts payment by most major credit cards, including American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa.

What mailing method does Travisa recommend for submitting my completed Travisa Passport Application kit?

Travisa recommends using FedEx, UPS, or other traceable delivery methods when submitting your completed Travisa Application Kit and required documents.

Can I submit copies of my documents and keep my originals?

No, all passport and citizenship application documents must be original. If this question concerns a naturalization certificate, you must give up the original. If you wish to keep the certificate, make sure to make a copy before submitting it because you will not get the original back.

Note that no one can sign on your behalf. You must sign any documents that require a signature.

I need to visit a Passport Acceptance Facility before I can submit my application to Travisa. Where can I find an appropriate Passport agency or center in my area?

The US Department of State has a searchable list of Passport Acceptance Facilities.

Travisa: Passport expedited service when freedom to travel matters most

In a world where timeliness is crucial, don't let your passport be delayed. When speed, convenience, and security matter, CIBTvisas is the partner you can trust. Contact a representative today to ensure a smooth journey.

CIBTvisas Monthly Update

Get the CIBTvisas Monthly Update for the most recent information on travel requirements and consular closings.

Sign Up Now