Legalization of Documents

Travisa is a trusted name in the travel document business; working with Embassies, Consulates and the US Department of State for authentication of documents on behalf of our customers since 1981. Travisa offers document legalization, Apostille, translation, and notarization services.

Legalization is a process of document authentication observed by international governments. If you intend to use a US Public Document overseas then local authorities require it to be legalized before it can be considered valid.

Procedures for legalization can vary depending on the country where the document will be used and the type of document.

Common documents that may require legalization are:

  • Academic Certificates
  • Birth, Marriage, and Divorce Certificates
  • Business Contracts
  • Certificates of Incorporation
  • Certificate of No Impediment
  • Documents from British Overseas Territories
  • Export Certificates
  • Religious Documents

Legalization is a multi-step process. Often your document must be legalized by a local or state government, the United States government and at the Embassy of the destination country to be considered genuine and valid.

Contact our Legalization Department at to begin a consultation. We will take the time to understand your legalization needs and work with you step-by-step to ensure you get the right documents in a timely fashion.

OR - click the start order button to begin if you have your documents and are ready to get started.